Thursday, November 6, 2008

Eeeewwwww!!!

We're dissecting the legs and feet in anatomy right now.  Every time we have to skin another part of the cadaver - I can't help but think of Silence of the Lambs... 
 
This afternoon I was working on cleaning the structures in the lower leg, when a piece of fat landed on my lower lip.  Completely disgusted, I think I let out some sort of shriek as I headed straight for the sink (while quickly peeling my gloves off).  My dissecting partners showed immediate concern - asking if I had cut myself and if I was bleeding.  I was too frightened to speak, for fear of the fat ending up in my mouth...  They were equally appalled and entertained when they realized what had happened. 
 
Jen

1 comment:

Dori said...

I'm sorry, but I laughed out loud when I read that. I also probably would have puked on the spot...