Saturday, August 30, 2008

Guilty Pleasures

I have two: sleep and not studying.  I'm not staying up all night studying, or anything like that; I go to bed at a reasonable time - I just don't get restful sleep every night.  In fact, I have had very few nights of restful sleep since orientation started 3 weeks ago.  Every Saturday morning, I realize how tired I am.  I feel like I am thinking about school all night, and when I'm not actually thinking about it I'm dreaming about it.  I've already failed a few tests, and didn't even show up for one...forgot about it. 
 
Speaking of tests...I think I might be a little overconfident about biochem.  I have seen almost all of the material before, so it is familiar (but I definitely don't remember the details).  I have also realized that I don't hate biochem at all; I hate memorizing structures and reactions and having to draw them on tests (all very useless in the real world, unless you are a chemist, or teach it).  We don't have to draw any structures for this class = much happier students. 
 
Jen  

No comments: