Tuesday, August 26, 2008

The Pressure Builds

The pressure is definitely affecting all of us as the first exam approaches.  Our first biochem test is Sept. 2nd, and many of us (including me) have not even looked at the material outside of class.  We are far too busy trying to catch up in anatomy and histo...and I do mean "catch up".  Everyone I have talked to feels like they are one week and two days behind.  Most of the students have probably never even failed a test, and most of us will fail at least one test during our first year.  The good news is that, apparently, you can fail a test and still be in the top 20% of the class; that is what the second years in the honor society tell us, anyway.  I wonder how many tests I can fail and still pass...?  I have also talked to several second years who said they failed the entire first round of tests (and they still passed!).  So, there is still hope!
 
Speaking of grades...pretty much every student in my class graduated at the top of their class in undergrad.  Only a handful of us get to be at the top of the class here - don't hold your breath for me; at this point, I just want to graduate (without remediating - repeating a year). 
 
Time to play more catch up with anatomy...
 
Jen

1 comment:

Dori said...

You will be fine!