Thursday, October 16, 2008

I am Not Falling for that Again...

We took our radiology (diagnostic imaging) midterm today (there is only a midterm and final).  We have been told the entire semester not to stress over this class, and that we hardly need to study - just come to class and listen.  The test was supposed to be "very easy", "almost laughable" and "see spot go".  Of course, no one studied very much... 
 
During the test, I felt like a complete moron (this is a very famililar feeling for me), and was convinced that I was going to be the first, and only, person to ever fail DI.  I barely know what I'm looking at on any radiograph...  To my relief (somewhat), practically everyone else felt the same.  We have several profs for this class, and they all told us specific material that we would be tested over...but only about half of that material was actually on the test.  The other half included material that they barely mentioned and, definitely, did not emphasize (and maybe some material that wasn't mentioned??).  So, the very valuable lesson I have learned from this is that "easy" in med school is not the same "easy" that I'm used to. 
 
Jen

No comments: