Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Learning About Running...in Anatomy?

I am so exhausted...and my head hurts...but midterms are over (sigh).  I don't have anymore tests for 1 1/2 weeks!  That means I can actually study anatomy tonight (in case we have a quiz tomorrow).  I am really far behind in anatomy...and histo is really confusing right now - I did get two bonus points today, though :-)
 
Brett has been finding lots of new recipes to try for dinner; I get excited, and can hardly wait to find out what is for dinner each night; I've been thinking about it all day.  We celebrated our 6th anniversary on Sunday night with a bottle of champagne and one of his tasty dinners.  We both think it's a pretty big deal that anyone could put up with either of us for that long. 
 
Brett is running in The Tulsa Run on Saturday.  I wanted to run it, but I haven't been keeping up with my running lately.  No need to get onto me, Dr. W, I haven't given up on running - I'm just taking a rest, for my sanity.  I'll be cheering Brett on from the sidelines, with Meredith - she has been working so hard for the run, but has a stress fracture :-( 
 
I learned some interesting info in anatomy today that relates to running...  Why men tend to be faster runners than women (I've always wondered): Women have wider pelvis bones (for childbirth), our femurs (long bones in upper legs) have a greater angle (between the hip and knee).  This makes us less effecient runners.  The really fast female runners tend to have narrow hips.  This greater angle of the femur also makes women 4-6 times more susceptible to knee injuries (than men). 
 
Jen

No comments: