Monday, October 6, 2008

They are Very Tricky

I took my second anatomy test this afternoon.  As predictable, it was awful.  For the lab portion, we have one minute, at each of 50 stations, to identify whatever is tagged.  I'm sure I made several mistakes, but this one is really frustrating...the thoracic duct was labeled as a "vessel", which generally means it is a vein (but vessel is also correct in this case).  When I first looked at it, I immediately thought "thoracic duct"...but then I looked at the tag, which confused me.  I ended up writing down a vein that I knew was a wrong answer.  The worst part is that last night I told a classmate that if they labeled anything that low it was the thoracic duct, because it couldn't be anything else. 

I had a similar "incident" on the first lab practical; they pulled the trachea out from the muscles in one of the cadavers, and tagged a muscle that was now behind the trachea.  I knew the muscle, but totally panicked and made up a name.  I knew it was wrong, because I invented it...but I wrote it down anyway.  Maybe the professors got a good laugh out of it.

I love it here...I feel dumber every day

Jen

No comments: