Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Lots of Bad Days...and More to Come

So far, I've had many more bad days than good...  Med school actually induces anxiety and depression; maybe they want us to be able to relate to our future patients.  Yesterday, I experienced the most anxiety I have ever had; I thought I was going to have a panic attack during anatomy lab.  I went home after class and cried...poor Brett...he tries to help me, but I'm the only one that can pass my tests and that's all I want - just to pass. 
 
We got our anatomy scores back today.  40% of the class failed...and I am one of them.  The rumor is that they made the test harder, because our class average was really high and they had to bring it down (we have a lot of really smart people)...but that's just a rumor.  I think it's just part of med school. 
 
On the brighter side (yes there is one, however dim it may be)...we took our OMM midterm today, and I definitely passed that one.  It was a really easy test, though; I would, literally, go home if I couldn't pass it. 
 
Well, I'm off to find an anatomy tutor...apparently I really need one.
 
Jen

1 comment:

Dori said...

I read this every day and feel for you... Wish I could help... If it were easy, we'd all be doctors...