Tuesday, September 9, 2008

One of Those Days...

This morning, I locked my key in the car (luckily, I was still at home and I just had to find the extra key).  I had to do OMM (manipulation) during lunch - we each have two of those during each semester; so now I'm starving (it was pretty interesting, though).  The zipper on my backpack broke.  I've been fighting with this zipper for years, so it was coming...  Well, things could definitely be worse...I'm still here.
 
We have to learn the dreaded brachial plexus, which is a very complicated mess of nerves...but I found a really cool PowerPoint that simplifies it, so I'm hoping that will help me learn it much faster.  I think we might have a quiz on it tomorrow...
 
We've started dissecting the chest and arm in anatomy lab.  There is a pretty thick layer of fat over the upper arm in our cadaver (considering she was so thin).  We have to be careful when removing that fat, because there are superficial nerves and veins that we want to preserve.  One of our profs showed us a technique of rubbing the fat with the handle of the probe, so that it kind of melts and sloughs off - it looks vile, and almost initiates my gag reflex.  Oh well, time to go get dinner.
 
Jen

No comments: